The library of D. R. Mane Mahavidhylaya, Kagal came into existence in 1984 with very small collection of 1700 books that housed in a very small portion of one room.
At present the library is housed in a separate specious hall. Now the collection has been increased to 29606.The library also subscribes over 45 & Donated 21 periodicals, 1069 back volumes of important periodicals are available. Apart from these the library has about 302 E media materials.
In addition to textbooks and Reference books, Reference Tools, the library has books on Competitive Exams., Sports, Personality development, Entrepreneurship, Computer Science etc. And also books on regional language (i.e. Marathi.)
To provide effective and efficient library services to all the Stakeholders by applying the latest information technology.
Goals and Objectives:
- To develop reading culture among the students
- To assist the Students to prepare for the competitive examination
- To inform the Students about their career opportunities.
- To develop research aptitude and innovative mind among students
- To provide required study and reference materials to faculty and students to supplement classroom instruction.
- To encourage networking and resources sharing among various libraries
- To digitize the documents for preservation and for space saving
- To have access to the library Catalogue database of other libraries through library Network
The library remains open on all working days except on national and weekly holidays. The library is kept open for 8 hours, (i.e. 8 am to 4 pm.) Working Hours:
|1||On Working Days||8 am to 4 pm|
|2||On Holidays||National & Weekly Sunday|
|3||Before Examination days||8 am to 4 pm|
|4||During Examination days||8 am to 4 pm|
|5||During Vacation||8 am to 4 pm|
BEST PRACTICES OF LIBRARY:
Display of New Arrivals:
- The library always display new books on New Arrivals Displays Board to inform the reader about new addition in the library.
Guidance to student in preparation of competitive examination:
- Information about various competitive exams, carrier guidance, Employment News etc is displayed. And thus awareness is created among the students for preparation of competitive exams.
Open Access to Staff & Scholar Student:
- Staff and Scholar students avail open access facility. However, junior and undergraduate students can go to the stack and select the books with the prior permission.
Exhibition of Books:
- On behalf of library, book exhibition organized every year. On the Occasion of Library Day 9th Aug. the book exhibition is organized. The aim of the book exhibition is encouraging reading habits among the students and familiarizing with the library collection.
|1||2014-15||9th Aug 2014||Book||Exhibition Prof. Pramod Patil ( K.I.T College, Kolhapur)|
|2||2015-16||15th Oct. 2015||Book||Exhibition Prof. Nandatai Mane S.Y.Mane High School, Kagal|
|3||2016-17||9th Aug. 2016||Book||Exhibition Prof. N.D.Patil ( D.R.Mane Mahavidyalaya, Kagal|
|4||2017-18||12th Aug. 2017||Book||Exhibition Vivek Agawane (District Supply Officer, Kolhapur)|
Celebration of Ranganathan Day:
On the occasion of Dr. S.R. Ranganathan (Father of library science) Birth Anniversary, library observed 9th August as ‘Ranganathan Day’ to Know the reader about Ranganathan contribution in the field of library science and importance of library and Library arranged lectures on “vachan Sanskruti” subjects.
|1||2014-15||09th Aug.2014||Lecture||Prof. Pramod Patil ( K.I.T College, Kolhapur)|
|2||2015-16||12th Aug 2015||Lecture||Dr. B.M. Hirdekar (Examination Controller, Shivaji University, Kolhapur)|
|3||2015-16||30th Dec 2015||Lecture||Ad. Asim Sarodhe|
|4||2016-17||7th Jan 2016||Lecture||Dr. B.M. Hirdekar (Examination Controller, Shivaji University, Kolhapur)|
|5||2017-18||12th Aug. 2017||Lecture||Vivek Agawane (District Supply Officer, Kolhapur)|
Book Review Competition:
Reading habits would be Boosted by organizing competitions like the “Book Review”.This competition is one of the vigilant function of library practices.Through this Practice librarian can stimulate reading habits among the students.This competition is taken as a competitive exam. & results are declared by the experts.
Book review Competition Winner List:
|Sr.No||Year||Name of Winner||Class|
|1||2014-15||Patil Jyoti Maruti||B.Com.-I|
|2||2015-16||Patil Jyoti Maruti||B.Com.-II|
|3||2016-17||Khot Pooja Balaso||BA I|
|4||2017-18||More Kiran Vijay||XI Com|
Best Reader Competition :
On behalf of College library have Started Best Reader Competition. Books are the Powerful media to develop human thinking power and recalling ability. This competition is organized and the student is encouraged for reading a lot of books. Whatever students have read the books throughout the year, according to the “Best Reader” is selected by taking interview/Exam.
Best Reader Award Winner List:
|Sr.No||Year||Name of Winner||Class|
|1||2014-15||Powar Shilpa Baburav||B.Com.-III|
|2||2015-16||Gurav Shubhangi Prakash||B.A II|
|3||2016-17||Kalugade Pratibha Ananda||B.Com.-III|
Computerization of library with standard digital software:
We have purchased ‘Vidyasagar’ library software from Kolhapur. All the library services are computerized. Students are benefited for searching with the help of OPAC facility.