This guidance cell is established in 2004-05 under the Kolhapur Zilla Parishad undertaking 'Mukhyamantri Career Guidance'. Lectures, Workshops, Seminars, personality development camps and demostrations on different subjects related to competitive exams are arranged by the cell.
The students form Rural area do not have easy and timely access to the information on the Competitive Exams. So they lag behind their urban counterpart in participating these exams. respect. Keeping this in view the college has started 'Competitive Examination and Employment Guidance Cell'. A large number of books on Competitive Exams have been purchased by the Library. An additional Library card is issued to the concerned student to avail of this facility.
- To develop the skills needed for the job in the students like 'Spoken English Course', interview techniques, personality development workshops etc.
• To organize different events regarding training and placements
• To share the information on career and job opportunities to the students from time to time.
• To organize campus interview of renowned companies in the college.
• To provide inspiration and guidance to the students to join the campus interview organized by other colleges and universities.
• To organize the expert lectures on competitive examination to students.
Activities during 2013-14
- Arranged a lecture on “Preparation of Competitive Exam” by Shri. Ganesh Rothe, on 19th Oct. 2013
Activities during 2012-13
- A lecture on 'Competitive Exam, a good career' by Prof. Vilas Ranasubhe was arranged on 1st Sept. 2012.
- A General Knowledge Competition was organized for the college students on 30th Jan. 2013.
- Competitive Exams ads, articles and news-paper cuttings were displayed from time to time on the college notice board.
There is a placement cell working in the college to look after the right job opportunities in the college. The five-star industrial estate of Kagal City is coming up. Some of the leading companies in the country and some multinational companies have started their business in these industrial colonies.
Considering these factors, the college undertake the following activities
- The college is working hard to develop the skills needed for the job in the students. These include 'Spoken English course', interview techniques, personality development workshops etc.
- Different events regarding training and placements are organized in colleges.
- Also, the information on career and job opportunities for this department is given to the students from time to time.
- The campus interview is organized by calling the renowned companies in the college.
- It also encouraged to provide inspiration and guidance to the students to join the campus interview organized by other colleges and universities.
Training program by Tata Consultancy Services
1. 15 Jan to 04 Feb. 2018 - 80 participants
Interview Date – 15 Feb 2018
Total student placed – 21
2. 07 May to 26 May 2018 – 58 participants
Interview Date – 22 June 2018
Total student placed – 14
• ‘Employability Training Course’organized by committee to improve employability skills among students.
1. 1 June to 21 June 2018 – 34 students
2. 7 Jan to 28 Feb 2019 – 40 students.
• Organized career guidance program for third year students (B.A, B.COM, B.S.C, B.C.A)-
a) Expert lecture by- Mahesh Patil(29/12/2018)
Topic- Career Guidance
b) Expert lecture by- Vishwajeet Kashid(16/02/2018)
Topic- Career in IT
• Encourage students to attend Campus drives organized by other colleges/ University.
a)SLK Global Solutions, Kolhapur- 3 students selected (November)
b)Infosys Campus Drive at Gokhale College, Kolhapur- 01 student selected(January)
c) ION Digital Zone, Kolhapur- 01 Student selected(January)
d) Infosys walk in at, Ecogate College, Nidsoshi- participate(January)
e) Special lectures arranged for B.Com-III-13 Dec-2018 and B.SC-III-19 Dec-2018
Students by cell on ‘career counseling & Placement opportunities’.